I was surprised lately by the dialogue with one of our partners, who has succeeded in entrepreneurship (Transport&Logistics). His company is divided into 2 regional offices – first located in the Czech Republic, another – in Belarus. We started from the simple questions about our jobs and then it had poured out in following:
Partner: “Everything is fine, mostly… A bit nervous because of weekly flights to control the processes in local offices. Staff face with more and more problems..”
Me: “Your departments are growing and it is a usual practice to have different problems. But you’ve not mistaken.. Do you have a flights every week to control and manage BD processes at both of your offices? Oh my god, it is more than 1000$ per month. Do you have CRM?”
Partner: “These costs help me keep everything in order. CRM is just for tracking the sales pipeline and it isn’t cheap, they work on well in Google Spreadsheets…”
As you’ve guessed, there broke out my sales pitch with strong arguments, expenses analyzing and etc. I tried to explain to him all the things briefly and accessible. I currently want to share some thoughts with you.
What we need to know about CRM and how it can help in managing the whole company?
CRM – Customer Relationship Management software. Yes, it makes sense when people hear about CRM and draw an analogy with the Sales Department. It helps Sales Persons structure all their communication with customers, organize notifications about follow-ups, see information about clients, deals, and etc. But it works not only from that side. If you decide to develop a Custom-Build CRM, here will be some advantages of utilizing such one in the future:
- Sales perspective – reducing customer losses, increasing the efficiency of attracting new customers, the profitability of sales in various industries increase dramatically;
- You can control all the processes on REMOTE! Ideally for CXO persons. Daily reports from your staff, tasks for them, statistics, data analyzing;
- It makes easier day2day operational work;
- Fast communication and filesharing throughout the departments;
- Increased transparency of interaction with the company’s customers.
Here can have a place some disadvantages also:
- Not all your staff would like a new soft. So, there could be a few opponents, as everywhere
- You can’t get ASAP results, cause development&implementation will take some time.
Hope this information will be useful for you and thx for reading.